At work we’re working on a rather big Java integration project. It consist of several applications, some exposing services over REST, others consuming REST services (JSF, Spring WebFlow).
In our development environment we run jetty and/or tomcat. Someone decided that we had to use Weblogic in Test- and Production-environment.
Here is a list of some of the problems Weblogic caused us:
- It starts up/restarts extremely slow
- The admin console is really slow
- It takes forever to deploy to it
- we had problems getting multiple datasources to different DB2-environments (OS390, AS400, Windows) to work at the same time.
- Our applications ran slower than expected
- We experienced strange problems related to ajax and richfaces which where impossible to trace down, since the problems where different on different Weblogic instances.
Today we managed to persuade our project leader that we should replace Weblogic with Glassfish v2.
Now everything is running much faster without problems on Glassfish in our Test environment. I really like what I have seen of Glassfish so far.